Are you a female-founded company looking to scale your business? The Federal Government’s Boosting Female Founders Initiative has now opened up for Round 2!
If your business is female-owned and led (at least 51%) and you have a marketable product or service that you’re ready to expand into domestic or global markets, then the Boosting Female Founder Initiative could be your ticket to fly!
What does the Boosting Female Founders Initiative program include?
Through the initiative, female entrepreneurs will receive financial aid that will assist them in growing their startups. The funding will enable female founders of startup businesses to scale their businesses into domestic and global markets.
Co-funded grants are available between $25,000 and $400,000, or up to $480,000 if you meet additional eligibility requirements (e.g. regional/minority group). The grant amount will be up to 50% of the total eligible project expenditure. If you meet the additional requirements, you may be eligible for a higher grant percentage up to 70%.
Along with funding, the program will also provide applicants with support through expert advice and mentoring.
Aim of the Boosting Female Founders Initiative program
The program aims to:
- Help female entrepreneurs to overcome the disadvantages they may face in regards to obtaining adequate financial support to grow their startups
- Equip female entrepreneurs with the tools to expand their businesses into both domestic and global markets
- Empower female founders to become self-sufficient
- Increase the diversity seen amongst the founders of startups.
Are you Eligible for the Boosting Female Founders Initiative program?
An eligible project must:
- support and grow your female founded startup to launch and scale into domestic and global markets;
- have at least $50,000 in eligible project expenditure; and
- be expected to commence around November 2021
To discuss eligibility for the Boosting Female Founders Initiative, or to find out more, please get in touch with our BlueRock grant advisors who are always happy to have a no-obligation chat. But get in quick – applications for your Expression of Interest (EOI) close on Thursday 22 April.