Domestic Insurance

You don’t think it will happen to you...until it does. And often people are surprised to find they’re under-insured or ill-informed.

Our Domestic Insurance Services

While most people do cover their significant assets, it’s easy to under-estimate the full replacement cost of these items and still be out of pocket when your claim is paid out. The cost of dinnerware, jewellery, fine arts and shoes can really add up!

Our insurance team works closely with you to make sure you have the right cover at the best price. We partner with a range of providers to offer the best solutions when it comes to your home and contents, investment property, strata, car, motorbike or boat.

Our BlueRock General Insurance advisors offer the following domestic insurance solutions: 

Home and Contents Insurance

Home and Contents Insurance covers the costs associated with rebuilding or repairing your home, as well as the replacement of your belongings for loss or damage due to events like fire, theft and storms. While most standard policies only cover individual items to the value of $2,500, we ensure all individual items are covered up to a value of $10,000.

Contents Insurance for Renters
Renters need insurance too! It’s often assumed that contents insurance is just for homeowners but, as a renter, you need to ensure your valuables are insured in the event of a fire, theft or malicious damage. The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) released a survey in November 2019, which found that 74% of Australian renters didn’t have contents insurance. Yikes!
So whether you’re a homeowner or a renter, make sure you have the right cover for all the items that matter to you.
Did you know that our home and contents insurance solutions automatically cover you worldwide?
We know how important it is to have peace of mind when you’re adventuring out and about in the world.

Prestige Home Insurance

Prestige home insurance provides insurance coverage for individuals, for protection of not just the home, but also for significant and precious assets - such as jewellery, fine arts, heirlooms and antique collections. Protection for these items is all in addition to any personal liability coverage.

Research from MCG Quantity Surveyors found that Australian homes could be under-insured by as much as 66%!

Landlord Insurance

Landlord Insurance covers your investment property in the event of a fire, flood or storm but, perhaps more commonly for tenant-related incidents such as damage and vandalism, loss of rent, and liability cover for claims made against you for incidents that took place at your property.

Strata Insurance

Strata Insurance covers common areas like stairwells and driveways within building complexes such as apartments and offices, and is designed to protect against any damage or loss. This includes the replacement, repair and rebuilding of any damaged areas and covers against any injuries or death sustained by people in these common areas. 

Motor Insurance 

Motor Insurance is generally designed to cover the cost of repairs or replacement of your own vehicle and property whether you are at fault or not. It can also cover the cost of emergency repairs, transportation costs and damage caused by other drivers. Many insurers will have additional coverage options available, which may include: a new car replacement, a protected No Claim Bonus, unlimited car hire, windscreen and window glass cover, and your choice of repairer.

Did you know that BlueRock also covers prestige cars, so you can have peace of mind that your precious baby is properly covered?

Motorbike Insurance

Motorbike insurance is designed to provide you with cover for your motorcycle against accidental damage, theft, fire or vandalism.

Caravan and Trailer Insurance

Caravan and Trailer Insurance will keep your caravan or trailer protected from damage, theft, fire, storm, malicious damage, towing and third-party liability, while it’s on the road or secure at your home or caravan park. Many insurance providers will also let you cover the contents of the caravan, so your belongings remain protected even when your caravan isn’t being used.

Boat Insurance 

Boats and ‘water toys’ can be expensive assets and you could face significant financial costs if you accidentally damage another boat or marine infrastructure. BlueRock has access to insurance solutions that can cover you for loss, damage, theft, fire, vandalism, accident, storm damage or injury risks to your boat and its occupants, as well as any costs you may incur to other people or property through accidental damage.

BlueRock Insurance Review
Do you have a question for our Insurance Advisors?
Did you know?
The origin of the BlueRock name is a mash-up of the founders two favourite things.
Through a mutual love of the Carlton football team and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, a firm was born!